|New Device Magic UI:||Original iOS Device Magic UI:|
The Select Field allows you to ask a question while providing a specific set of answers from which one has to choose.
Name the field.
Fixed select options - This is where you add the set of answers from which one can choose. Press the options button and type in the different answers, adding as many as needed. (Edit options)
Select Options from Resources - This option allows you to import from a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. If you import from a CSV file then the system will automatically add the values for you.
Allow Multiple Answers:
This lets one select multiple answers within the same question.
This allows you to give a hint to help people answer a specific question. This will be displayed below the field, on the device.
A default answer provided by you, placed in the question field. This text can be removed by the user.
How the field is identified in the form (the name of the field). You can also provide custom identifiers for long questions, to simplify template creation. Even though longer identifiers take up more space on the template, the data pertaining to that placeholder may not use all the given space and could possibly throw your template out of bounds.
- Always (always shows in the form and returns answers in submissions)
- Only When (only shows in the form and returns answers in submissions under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (one is never required to answer it in order to submit the form)
- When It's active (one has to answer this question in order to submit the form)
- When It's active and... (one only needs to answer the question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (not a read-only question)
- Always (always a read-only question)
- Only When (only a read-only question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
Allows you to set a rule so as to ensure the question is answered according to a particular condition.
You are also able to set an error message so as to indicate to the person how they went wrong with their answer and what they need to do in order to correct it.
Records down the time the question was answered.
Records down the location where the question was answered.